Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to power. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
To accomplish our mission, Friends of the Earth is working at the nexus of environmental protection, economic policy and social justice to fundamentally transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment.
We are looking for a passionate, progressive digital production and analytics associate who will support our rapidly growing digital advocacy, fundraising and organizing efforts. You will provide support to Friends of the Earth’s membership program by playing a key role in the implementation of digital communications with members.
This is a role where attention to detail is critical, as is the ability to turn around work quickly and flawlessly. We need someone who can take direction well and be open to feedback, while listening to and respecting the views of others. Our team works together very closely, so the person in this role must be comfortable in a highly collaborative environment.
- Load, test and troubleshoot emails for our 2.5 million+ subscriber email list in our digital advocacy and fundraising CRM Engaging Networks;
- Maintain reports to monitor email and SMS performance;
- Analyze and report to the Digital Membership team on email and SMS test results;
- Optimize email deliverability -- including preparing reports to monitor deliverability, identifying deliverability issues quickly, working with our deliverability team at Engaging Networks to quickly resolve problems, and staying up-to-speed on the delivery requirements and challenges of major email service providers;
- Implement tests of new digital fundraising tactics;
- Track and submit public comments and petition signatures to support campaign goals;
- Troubleshoot technical problems in Engaging Networks.
- 1-2 years’ experience in digital marketing, fundraising, web development, and/or analytics.
- Ability to juggle multiple time-sensitive projects with overlapping deadlines, with nothing slipping through the cracks.
- SUPERB attention to detail and an excellent memory for detail.
- Aptitude for solving technical problems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Engaging Networks CRM or another CRM preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Google Data Studio.
Who You Are
To ensure success, you are someone who has:
- Exceptional attention to detail: You take responsibility to make sure all final products are polished. This can mean: No typos, grammatical errors, or technical issues; correct email and landing page templates used; email targeting set up perfectly; no errors in analyzing test results. Good memory for detail is a must!
- Hustle/flexibility: You’re not frustrated by a constantly changing internal and external environment. Able to push work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things change. Able to stay on top of a very high-volume, fast-moving workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: You’re skilled at keeping others in the organization informed about the status of projects – you default to over-communicating. You quickly grasp nuance in written and verbal communications.
- You’re committed to intersectionality and FOE’s theory of change.
But above all, you have a passion for the environment and progressive politics . . . and it shows through.
Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff. Also, please note that references will be requested during the screening process and final candidates will undergo a writing exercise.